Learning WordPress for Business – How to choose a good hosting company and hosting plan.
In this learning WordPress for business tutorial, we discuss how to choose a good hosting company and how to choose that hosting package that is right for you and your business. In addition, we touch on some of the tricks that hosting companies use to get users to buy more than they need. If you have any questions or want more specific information please leave your question in the comments and I will join in and answer your questions or even do another video just for you.
Here is the short list of what to look for when choosing your hosting company.
- The hosting company you choose must be a reputable company
- Have you heard of them before?
- Do they advertise their “uptime”? If not call and find out, you want a 99% or better uptime.
- The hosting company of choice should have 24/7 tech support with Americans.
- It is common for smaller companies to outsource overseas to India and this can cause communication issues you don’t want to be bothered with.
- To test simply call their tech support number and ask a question.
- When choosing your hosting package, be sure to ONLY get the hosting package of choice. We suggest, mid to upper tier for most unless you KNOW you will have a lot of traffic or extra functions on your website. Not sure about this? Drop me a line and I will help you understand. For sites with lots of traffic and heavy plugins get a VPS (smallest package to start), do not get ANYTHING else they offer you (unless free). They will try to stick it to you with many different add-ons that you do not need.
- Don’t be fooled by the “sales”. Many offer low/discounted pricing but you are required to purchase up to 36 months in advance to get it. If you have the money, this is a better spend however if you are looking to get by on the cheap then opt for a plan that is comfortable for you. Just remember that whatever deal you select, when you renew you will be doing so at the regular price and NOT the sale price.
If you have any questions or need clarity on anything please do not hesitate to contact us or simply comment and we can help.