Why should I learn to build and manage my own WordPress website?
As a design and development company, we see a lot of clients and deal with many different types of businesses. What we have found is that most all businesses want to manage their own websites in house. Not only is it more affordable it is infinitely easier to make updates without having to rely on someone else to do this or that for you. Learning to design and maintain your own WordPress website empowers you as a business to take immediate and proactive steps for your online marketing. That’s right, online marketing, it is now in your hands when you can design and maintain your own website. Remember your website is THE foundation for ALL of your digital marketing. Every digital touchpoint (a touchpoint is a means of reaching existing potential and existing clients or customers) should link directly to your website and not your social channels. It is your slice of the digital America and you can control all of the content on your website, assuming you are in control of your website.
Why Learn WordPress
For years we have offered website development and over the last decade, we have seen an unparalleled shift to WordPress framework. Fast forward to today and nearly all of our website projects are built using WordPress. There are a few reasons WordPress is so popular. Here are a just few of the main reasons:
- WordPress is open source.
- Open source is simply a free license to use meaning we do not have to pay to use it. There are exceptions to this but we will discuss in the tutorials.
- Intuitive Content Management System (CMS).
- There are many styles of CMS sites out there today but WordPress has brought us an intuitive version that makes learning much easier. In addition, it is globally used and has a LOT of support for both learning and building.
- Globally supported.
- As mentioned above it is used globally, in fact, is now the most used framework in the world with nearly 25% of the world’s websites running WordPress. This means there is a huge portion of the world’s population working together to educate, create and/or improve the framework.
- WordPress is unique in that it is updated nearly daily and those updates are pushed to every website for free. This means your website you are developing now will stay current with securities and the latest coding practices and languages.
Our Vision for Teaching WordPress
We have been educating clients for years on their new website once they purchase a new website they now need to learn how to use it. Don’t get us wrong, we can and will maintain your websites for you if you choose to do so, however, most people are more than capable of doing it themselves with little time required to do so. We are a strong advocate of the small business, startups, and entrepreneurs. We all have been there at one time or another and realize the struggle is real. You have to wear many hats in a day and money is always scarce, but you MUST market your products and services or you will not last very long. In short, we see the need and now that society is more comfortable working, playing and shopping online we now have business owners who are not scared to take the bull by the horns and take control of their online marketing.
We will be adding new videos weekly to walk you through each and every step of setting up, designing and developing a new website using WordPress in everyday plain English. We will start with how to choose the right hosting company and service (and what hosting is for anyone not in the know) and work towards completion of your new website. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get automatic notices when we post a new video. Don’t worry though we share our information we do not share our beloved customers, clients, and followers with anyone!